LGBT Domestic Abuse Scotland at LGBT Youth Scotland has been funded by the Scottish Government to provide a targeted multi-agency trainings on Understanding Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Men’s Experiences of Domestic Abuse. This FREE full day training will take place in Edinburgh on 11th June 2018.
· To increase understanding of GBT identities
· To understand the impact and dynamics of GBT people’s experiences of domestic abuse
· Reflect on the nature of homo/bi/transphobia and heterosexism and consider how this impacts on GBT men’s experience of domestic abuse
· Examine good practice when working with GBT men and non-binary identities who experience domestic abuse, including signposting.
· Increase understanding of the Equality Act 2010 in relation to the inclusion of transgender people in your service
For this training, we are interested in reaching front-line workers in public services such as Housing, Policing and the criminal justice system and social work, as well as third sector organisations that provide support, advice or information for men.
The form to express interest in attending this training can be found here; https://lgbtyouth.wufoo.com/forms/gbt-mens-experiences-of-domestic-abuse-sanunw114dhwbb/
Please note: Registration will close on 27th May 2018.
Places will be allocated according to sector to ensure a mix of professional disciplines are able to attend. Save the date in your calendar and we will notify you no later than Monday 28th May whether you have been allocated a space or placed on the waiting list.
Our friends at The Filmhouse, Edinburgh, are putting on a special schools screening of the smash hit LGBT love story, "Love, Simon".
Do you wish you could experience sport with the childlike joy you once knew?
Do you want to run around in sacks with other trans young p...Find out more