Our #StillProud campaign inspires us to think of positive ways to use the money we might normally have spent on Pride events this summer. We have set up a Pride Savings Calculator that lets you easily calculate how much you've saved and instead invites you to make a donation to support our life-changing youth work services instead.
We understand that some of you might have been financially impacted by the pandemic and you might find yourself with no spare cash to donate to our #StillProud campaign. If you are still looking to make a difference and help us keep our services running, there’s other things you can do!
Here's a few suggestions on how to get involved:
1. Donate your birthday: If you've got a birthday coming up, you could set up a Birthday Fundraiser - find out more here.
2. Sign up to AmazonSmile: If you shop on Amazon, sign up to AmazonSmile and raise funds for our work every time you shop - at no cost to you. Read more about it here.
3. Organise a Quiz: Missing some entertainment? Why not organise a physical-distanced yet socially connected quiz for your friends or colleague to raise funds? Read this blog post for inspiration.
4. Share our campaign via your social media channels. You can help us spread the word about our #StillProud campaign so that more people can get involved. Follow us on twitter and Facebook for updates.
5. Use the #StillProud Facebook Profile Frame: If you've got a Facebook account, try out our campaign profile frame here.
How are we supporting LGBTI young people in Scotland?
Usually we run face-to-face youth groups, offer outdoor learning and creative opportunities, and provide one-to-one support services for LGBTI young people all across the country. When lockdown began, we moved all our services online practically overnight without a break in service provision. This meant we were able to continue supporting LGBTI young people through these unprecedented times. The team worked really hard to also launch our very own digital communications and learning platform a whole 6 months early. We now deliver all our youth groups and one-to-one support services via our Pride & Pixels digital community. Check out Liv's story here - she talks about her experience and how attending a youth group has helped her get through lockdown. Read more about the development of our digital community here.
Why was the #StillProud campaign launched?
COVID-19 will have a long-lasting impact on our ability to keep services running. We usually generate 60% of our fundraised income during Pride season. As many of our usual fundraising activities had to come to a sudden halt when the pandemic hit and we are unable to fundraise at Pride events this year, we launched our #StillProud campaign. We rely on the support of individuals, community groups and corporates to keep our services running now more so than ever. That's why we would like to invite you to get involved in our campaign!
Feeling inspired to get involved but got a question or would like to share your fundraising plans? Drop us an email at email@example.com.