Updating your driving licence

It does not cost anything to change your title, name or gender on your driving licence. If you want to change your photo at the same time there is a cost.


To change name, gender or title on your driving licence you will need:


  • Your old driving licence (if you don’t have it, you’ll have to pay a fee)
  • An application form – you will need form D1 (car) or D2 (bike) from the Post Office
  • Supporting documents  –  such as a statutory declaration, or deed poll (original copies)


Visit the DVLA website for more information on where to send your application. 

You may be interested in...

trans non-binary and questioning coming out guide for young people

Trans and Non-Binary Coming Out Guide

updating your school or college

Updating your school or college

updating young scot

Updating Young Scot